Aug 24, 2014

My Favourite Room

Early last week I entered a photo of our kitchen in a My Favourite Room competition with the Better Homes & Gardens tv show, through their Facebook page.

And then I thought no more about it. And planned to think no more about it.

Why, you may ask. I'll tell you why. Because I have uploaded photos of my kitchen, living room, and family room (and on one occasion, my toes soaking in our bathtub, but that's another story) to other sites before in the hope of some sort of response (if not a win, maybe a runner up, or a fourth place, or at least a Highly Commended medal. Hell, I'd even accept a Certificate of Participation, as long as it was laminated) but I've never got a cracker. I've wanted other people to love our place as much as we do (shut up, I'm needy) but have never thought it was up to scratch in designer terms because the rooms eventually featured and applauded (The Chosen Ones) were always white. Often white on white. Occasionally even white on white on white.

I don't have white walls. Or white floors. Or white sofas. Or white linen. Or an all white kitchen. The whitest things in my house are my legs at the end of winter. 

So imagine my surprise when my photo was posted on the Better Homes & Gardens page as one of their five 'top picks of the week'!
I KNOW!!

Okay, so it's only the first week of the competition which runs for a month, and there'll be plenty more entries once word spreads a bit more, and maybe they only had a total of five entries last week...
I DON'T CARE!! TOP FIVE OF THE WEEK!!
I'll totally take that title.

They won't choose winners by number of likes, but HELLOOOOO, I TOLD YOU I'M NEEDY, so you can go LIKE my shot, and look at all five pics (but especially mine, because MINE) HERE AT THIS LINK.





7 comments:

  1. It really is a beautiful kitchen. I just don't get the all white thing. Especially with kids. Hope you win something. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon, I'm just happy it got noticed!

      Delete
  2. I like your kitchen very much! What month of the magazine ran this feature? I rarely buy it, but i have the September and October issues and I'm sure I didn't see it in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not in the mag, only on the Facebook site. Would be good if it made it into the mag one day though!

      Delete
  3. Very cool and I really love your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry Anonymous folk. Too much spam coming in, so you'll have to have a name.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails